Sunday, December 20, 2009

Art Please

Hello Everyone. It's been a while since I've used this blog. It's been a long semester, making New York my home and rocking my grad program, but now that I have a month off I can focus on music. Dave Pinkham, the genius behind the controls, is finishing with the pieces we've been working on over the last year. Now I can't play out or print an album, but I don't want the stuff to just sit on my blog, so here's the plan: I'm posting the work here, you can download it from vimeo, put visuals/video/animation/etc to the tune, and e-mail me your creation. I'll post it, share it with my growing New York creative contacts, and see if we can attract some attention for one another. Mostly I just want to create something beautiful with other creatives. The music is licensed under creative commons so that no one can make any money off it, but feel free to make any other use of my music.

Here are the first two pieces. Beautiful Summer's Day is a little latin and a little dark, with a little waltz thrown in. I dig the syncopation and the loose ending. City is the simplest song I've ever written. Dave rocked the keys, providing a warm environment for my falsetto to swim in. Can't wait to see what you all turn out.





Creative Commons License
Beautiful Summer's Day by Jesse Ricke is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

Creative Commons License
City by Jesse Ricke is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

1 comment:

  1. heeey jesse! i'd like to listen to what you've posted but for some reason the space that i think would normally hold an MP3 player on your blog is just replaced by some code that i don't understand. maybe there's something wrong, or maybe idk how to access it correctly.
    -dylan R.

    ReplyDelete